Connecting a personal chromebook to the Amherst wireless network
When choosing a network to join, select "Amherst" then configure the following:
- SSID: Amherst
- EAP method: PEAP
- Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPv2
- Server CA certificate: Do not check
- Subnet Match: -leave blank-
- User certificate: None listed
- Identity: -student or staff's amherst username, not email. Should be YYlastnameNNNN-
- Password: -student or staff's amherst password-
- Annonymous identity: -leave blank-
Leave the 2 checkboxes checked (Save identity and password, Share this network with other users)
Then click Connect and you should be online.
Submit a helpdesk ticket if you or the student continue to have issues.
2017-10-10 1:33 PM - There is a known issue with iPads deleting/re-installing applications. We are working with our vendor to correct the issue. This notification will remain until the issue has been verified to be fully resolved. There is no need to create a help ticket if your students' iPads are experiencing this issue. Any tickets pertaining to this issue will be closed, as this is a known global concern.