Connecting a personal chromebook to the Amherst wireless network
When choosing a network to join, select "Amherst" then configure the following:
- SSID: Amherst
- EAP method: PEAP
- Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPv2
- Server CA certificate: Do not check
- Subnet Match: -leave blank-
- User certificate: None listed
- Identity: -student or staff's amherst username, not email. Should be YYlastnameNNNN-
- Password: -student or staff's amherst password-
- Annonymous identity: -leave blank-
Leave the 2 checkboxes checked (Save identity and password, Share this network with other users)
Then click Connect and you should be online.
Submit a helpdesk ticket if you or the student continue to have issues.